Decathlon® HTC oils have proven again and again that they can meet and exceed the performance requirements of the most demanding high temperature applications. In the area of high temperature lubrication, Decathlon HTC oils have given that “edge” in comparison to both well-known and exotic brands of synthetic oil. Decathlon® HTC oils are recommended when deposits such as carbon and varnish are not tolerable. The thin film evaporation characteristics of HTC oils are excellent. However, an even more crucial issue is residue. Carbon deposits and varnish lead to high amperage draw and wear. Decathlon HTC oils will not contribute to these deposits when the amount applied is appropriate. HTC oils are a blend of complex synthetic base fluids and a revolutionary combination of synergistic ashless additives.
• Recommended for use up to 450°F (230°C) and intermittent service up to 550°F (285°C)
• Designed for the lubrication of chains and bearings where protection from wear at high temperatures is needed. An excellent example is the manufacture of latex and synthetic gloves
• Highly suitable for use in glass bottle forming operations for lubrication of the glass machine itself, also conveyor chains, and gearboxes operating at both normal and high temperatures
• For manufacturing light bulbs, tenter frame chains and continuous fiberboard presses
• OXIDATION RESISTANCE – low formation of carbon, varnish, and other residues. No abrasive deposits are formed when used within the recommended temperature range (see below) and in the appropriate amount
• ANTIWEAR - chain wear is controlled by excellent fluid film and antiwear properties of a temperature- stable additive chemistry