Whitmore Surtac 2000 is a “multiservice” lubricant for use on Draglines. Surtac 2000 has won the confidence of both end users and OEMs. It has a well-established record on some of the most highly loaded and expensive open gear applications.
Surtac 2000 forms a protective coating on metal without the use of asphalt, solvents or lead. Surtac 2000 contains graphite and MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide). With the help of some specialized chemistry these solid lubricants bond with the metal surface. They form a dense gray-colored film, which minimizes metal-to-metal contact and wear.
Using Surtac 2000, lubricant consumption is reduced by about 50% compared to asphaltic fluids.
- Product Surtac® 2000
- Type Multi Service Lubricant
- Grade 2000, 2000 RD, 2000 HD, 2000 XD
Pails, Kegs, Drums, Aerosols (12/case), Shuttle Tanks, Cartridges (50/case), Caulking Tubes (24/case)
- LOWERS OPERATING TEMPERATURES - extends gear life, reduces operating expenses.
- MULTISERVICE LUBRICANT - may be used on open gears, many bearings, bushings and some enclosed gears. Does not damage seals or packing materials used in pumping systems and injectors.
- PUMPABILITY - in many climates, a single grade can be used year-round. Consult Whitmore or Whitmore Distributor in selecting a suitable grade.
- HIGH TEMPERATURE STABILITY – the non-melt bentonite thickener ensures good performance on high-temperature gears, for example Kiln open gears.
- Surtac 2000 series is ideal for exposed parts on mining equipment such as swing racks, house rails and rollers, wire ropes, and drum laggings.
- It is suitable for many heavily loaded bushings including bushings on pneumatic hammers. Can be used in large heavily loaded bearings operating at or below a speed factor of 150,000 DN.
- Surtac 2000 is suitable for use on sealed pins and bushings of crawler tracks.