WHITMORE® Solid Stick Friction Modifier
Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers are specifically designed to provide optimum coefficient of friction in industrial and rail applications. Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifier substantially reduces wear and noise. Wear can lead to the onset of corrugations and result in increased maintenance. During normal rolling, Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers utilize mild lubricating properties; however, when creeping occurs, the sliding friction immediately converts to “positive friction”. During this conversion, friction levels reach approximately 0.42 between the surfaces. This consequently controls the creep condition and returns the application to a healthy rolling motion. The result is a substantial reduction in in creep forces, which reduces the onset of corrugations and high-frequency squeals and leads to longer equipment life. In rail applications, Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers can be utilized alone or on a dual bracket with Whitmore Solid Stick Lubricants. The products are typically applied using spring-loaded applicators that prevent cross-contamination. Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers and Whitmore Solid Stick Lubricants perform very dissimilar functions; therefore, each has a unique size/shape with corresponding applicators to eliminate improper application.
- WEAR - greatly reduces wear on trunnion rollers and kiln tires in industrial applications and on the rail and tires in rail applications
- NOISE LEVEL – stops or substantially reduces high pitch squeal
- QUIET - smoother, quieter operation • CLEAN - provides clean and dry lubrication
- INTERLOCK – includes a round interlocking feature to prevent Nib fallout.
- POSITIVE FRICTION – increases friction on contaminated areas
- APPEARANCE – does not glaze over time
- SELF EXTINGUISHING – will not sustain combustion under atmospheric conditions
Operating Temperature - °F (°C) -40 (-40) to 1112 (600)
- Product WHITMORE® Solid Stick Friction Modifier
INDUSTRIAL - 1 x 5 ft Sheet
RAIL - 50 sticks/case
Applications - Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers optimize friction at the support rollers/tire interface. It is designed for applications requiring control of friction.
Wear Rate - Varies based on block thickness
Applications - Whitmore Solid Stick Friction Modifiers optimize friction at the wheel/rail interface. It is designed for rail transit vehicles and track machinery.
Wear Rate - 1” per 2500 miles (25 mm per 4000 km)